Friday, July 08, 2011

New Firehouse!

Well, it's new for me anyway. The last two months I was in an interim promotional position, so I had to fill in at a couple of different stations. A little over a week ago, I was officially promoted. There isn't a fire lieutenant paramedic slot at Station Three, so I had to go someplace else. Which meant moving out of my station of nine years. I had a lot of locker cleaning to do and a lot of gear to move out. And of course, on moving day, as soon as I got all my stuff packed up, my old crew was off to a fire! Figures.

I moved stuff over one bike trip at a time, after I brought it all home in my car.



My new station is Station 11 - up on Perry and 32nd. It is a nice place. The crew I am on rocks! I was on an engine but am now on a pumper-ladder. It is sort of the hybrid bike of fire apparatus - part engine, part ladder. So, there's a whole lot of stuff to reacquaint myself with.

PL-11 used to be PL-15 - my first assigned truck, so it's all coming back.

No more hill climbing coming home. Just a slight rise on the way to work. It's about a mile closer too. There aren't quite as many calls there as Station 3, but it's a fairly busy place and it's pretty close to home. All in all, I really lucked out.

3 comments:

Jacque Hendrix said...

Congrats Man! I look forward to seeing you at Sacred Heart.

Rob Brewer said...

Congrats on the promo, buddy!

EvilElf said...

Thanks guys! I am pretty happy!