Thursday, April 05, 2012

GROCERY OUTLET

It's like the Harbor-Freight of food.

About a month ago, I visited the new Grocery Outlet in the old Safeway building downtown. Fantastic!

Found a bottle of wine that we usually pay $11. At GO, it was $2.99. Produce is cheap and good. Not much in the way of meat. Tons of frozen food. Great pasta from Italy. Bulk spices are a great deal. Beer is about the same price.

Like Harbor-Freight, you walk out of there with a lot more than what you were looking for. Best to not go there on a daily basis. The neighborhood Rosauer's continues to be our daily go-to store.

The cool thing about GO is that you never know what you might find there. Items come and go. That $2.99 bottle of wine isn't there anymore. But, I kind of like that.

Looking forward to their liquor selection (if they get one). I might be able to finally score some pimento liqueur. I think it would be great to get some Grocery Outlet reusable shopping bags to bring to Trader Joes.

5 comments:

Mark said...

I love to shop at "Trailer Joe's" too.

EvilElf said...

That is a great moniker. I will use it - a lot!!

Pat S said...

"I think it would be great to get some Grocery Outlet reusable shopping bags to bring to Trader Joes."

I don't know about LOL'ing, but this comment made me laugh out loud. I'd proudly wear their t-shirt through TJ's, too.

I love GO. Every trip through is zany and entertaining and I always leave with something I bought on a whim. And that usually carries a short expiration date.

EvilElf said...

I hear you Pat. Expiration dates are overrated.

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for your fun comments about Grocery Outlet. Here is a link to the new logo
http://www.groceryoutlet.com/

Enjoy!