Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Epistar halogen-type LED lights.

Every once in a while, I get a great idea for an invention. Then I research it and find out that it already exists. Having gone down the invention road before, I am usually happy when this happens. Discovering that you can buy something is much better than spending the thousands and never seeing your dream product exist. So it was when, yet another, halogen lamp burned out in my office. Finding these LED lights on line made me really happy.

We have a couple of halogen track light setups at our house. The bulbs use a lot of electricity, put out  heat and fizzle a lot. They aren't cheap to replace, usually just under $10. This particular LED model is 3 watts instead of a halogen's 35 watts. They burn at a cooler temperature. $8 - free shipping. I like to buy anything hardware-related at our local Ace by Huckleberry's. But there isn't anything like this in my local hardware store.  So I bought three of them on Amazon.   There are cheaper deals there too, but I wanted them shipped fast.

The light they shine takes a little bit of getting used to. It's fairly white compared to the warm tones of the halogen. But, at a tenth of the energy use, I am sold.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always wise to get those made of LED lights. I am also looking for halogen type made of LED lights and I also got it online. It's pretty much an energy saver and last long too. It's really worth the prize I paid.

- USALEDsolutions.com

regina said...

LED lights are the trend nowadays, not only because of its appeal and low maintenance features, but also because of its efficiency in electric consumption. Start shopping for LED lights now.

bobforapples said...

It has always been a little disappointing to find out the invention that I planned to make millions on has already made someone millions. On the otherhand, it means I had a great idea . . . just not soon enough.

JosephSparks said...

These type of lighting has some benefits like low power consumption,Zero maintenance,no need to replace bulbs every 3 months.

Unknown said...


Awesome to see your site. Keep up the great work. Thanks for all you could do.Lets stay in touch.

LED Under Car Kits

Cody Stephens said...

LED light is definitely more advantageous to use than other types of lighting. One of its biggest advantages is its lower usage of electricity. LED light doesn’t require a huge amount of electric power to consume and produce the same amount of brightness that other kinds of lighting give. Good decision on replacing your halogen light.

jackjack said...

I read many favorable reviews on the same LED gadget. Experts say by far it is the cool Halogen type LED light.
blue led lights

Lois Boot said...

Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and keep it up.

Marine LED Lights