Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Feeling like a footloose Marlin Perkins...

Had a very fun run yesterday. It was a long, slow one so I took a few pictures. Was down on the north bank of the river between TJ Meenach and Sans Souci when I happened upon these tracks leading down to the river:
Anybody know what the story is here? They don't look very old, but who knows.

Great foggy vistas:


Turkeys. What a life. Hang out near the river during the day and then migrate over to Bong's Grocery for some Keystone Ice and Twinkie remnants at night. Like to see a bald eagle do that. Benjamin Franklin was right when he wanted the scrappy turkey to be our national symbol.


Don't forget the Photoshop contest!

2 comments:

Jacque Hendrix said...

I'd guess the tracks are from Natatorium Park.

EvilElf said...

Too far from Nat Park, I think, Jacque. Unless someone dumped them there after the park was dismantled. That may be a likely scenario. Maybe that's what you're saying. They do look about the right size for some kind of ride.

We go to Sans Souci all the time. There is still a little of Nat Park to be seen there!

I've got the Nat Park book, I will have to do a little perusing today.