Friday, April 29, 2011

New Hardware Store in the Old Jones Pharmacy Building.

I am very excited about having a hardware store that I can walk to, or bring huge things home from on the Xtracycle. I was wondering how they were going to compete for parking lot space at Huckleberry's, but it looks like some possible parking spaces going in under the structure. Cool. As long as they have a decent bike rack.

It has been a great project to observe as it unfolds. It looks like it is going to be pretty upscale. I noticed this paint job on a metal column that has now been exposed. I wonder what the story is. It's on the east side, the one facing Monroe.

I like the design.

2 comments:

Pat S said...

I can't prove it, but I'm way more excited.

Bill Foss said...

OK Pat, the challenge is on. We will have to compare credit card receipts!