Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A new kind of bike lane?


This morning, riding to work I noticed a cyclist riding in the middle of Howard heading north - I mean right down the middle - in between the double yellow lines. He turned on Sharp and then I saw him dong the same thing up Post. Two lanes south. Two lanes north. Him in the middle. Am I missing something? Is this a defacto bike lane? How about on highways? This could open up a whole new world. I mean how much space do you really need for a bike lane? What about oncoming bicyclists?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's...awesome? It's this type of person who deserves to win a Darwin award. Found your site with my @SpokaneTracker bot.

Pat S said...

That's funny, two days ago I saw a guy in the valley using the center turn lane as his lane of travel. Happy as a clam, not a care in the world.