Thursday, January 09, 2014

Bald Eagles - Lovable Clowns of the Sky










Sarah and I went out to Lake Coeur d'Alene last weekend to check out the eagles. There were plenty. They all looked the same. There wasn't a sad eagle in the bunch.

There were a lot of photographers out there too. So many had the gigantic telephoto lenses. I would say most photographers did. There was one guy who didn't even get out of the car, but had his Iphone up to the windshield trying to take a picture. Maybe he was playing Angry Birds in an ironic fashion. I had a zoom lens, so I was in the middle of the spectrum.

Then there were some people who looked like they were looking for a keeper. Suspect the smoker or crockpot at home was dusted off and waiting, ready to accept piebald goodness.

I want to get some better pictures. Sarah has agreed to let me photograph her holding a fish in an alluring fashion, as an eagle lands on her arm to accept the fish. We have some pretty good gloves for her to wear. Just holding a fish outstretched for a couple of hours should be a pretty good workout.

My eagle calling is not what it used to be, and I will be brushing up on that too.

It's pretty neat. Coeur d'Alene has bald eagles and Spokane has Dick's seagulls. Something for everyone.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: