Thursday, January 30, 2014

Winter Warriortude

My days off have been pretty regimented. I am studying for a March promotional exam and I have been running, and, well, that's pretty much it. I am upping my mileage ten percent every week. This week I will be at 33 miles. The snow makes it a little more difficult, but much more interesting. Yesterday I left 12 miles of footprints in fresh snow.

My usual ride or run to work has been extended from 2.5 miles. Last shift I was up at 5 a.m. in order to run an extended loop of five miles to work. It was fun and surreal. I wear a headlamp and was spooked to see a large truck's headlights coming at me in the dark. It turned out to be two runners, likewise headlamped, running side by side toward me. Weird.

After their catastrophic failure, I tried to find some replacement x-country boots that would fit my oddball ski bindings. No luck. So I turned, as I usually do, to Gorilla Glue. We'll see, they may need to be reinforced with Gorilla Tape.




No comments: