Thursday, September 30, 2004

Sneedle! Lame-O Seattle Space Needle Mascot

All right, this website is about Spokane. But come on. Seattle, you've got the SPACE NEEDLE. It's an icon, an emblem. It's not like people are going to meet "Sneedle" and say, "Hey, I wonder what this is all about, this so-called 'Space' Needle." Or, "This Sneedle chap is so awesome, I have to see the real thing right now!" What ad agency is responsible for this floparoo? And really what's with Sneedle's appendage atop his head? Is it how Sneedles reproduce? Is he just happy? Maybe he should be a mascot for a used needle exchange program.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? Just because there's no mascot for spokane's gain silo doesn't mean you can kick Speedle around.

And you can ask your mom about his appendage.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been to Seattle a bunch of times. I love the city! Each time I go, I look forward to Sneedle. I think he is the bomb! Besides, what does Spokane have to offer in the way of mascots? Post up or shut up.

Anonymous said...

Don't knock Sneedle. Growing up in Seattle we were told stories about the Sneedle that lived on the Space Needle and that you knew he was there because of the blinking red light. Sneedle is neither new nor lame.

Anonymous said...

sneedle was adopted as a mascot in 1997. The stories were about the "wheedle," not "sneedle" LOL