Saturday, March 20, 2010

Stocking Manito Pond - A Family Get's Its Kicks!

While running this morning, I noticed people sitting on benches smiling and pointing at Manito Pond. I looked over and saw this family. They were booting fish into the pond. I think they were bullheads (The fish. I don't know who the family was). I might be thinking that because I remember when all the bullheads were poisoned out of the pond some years back. Maybe they were trout from the Big Horn Show.

It was an interesting technique, kicking them into the pond. Babe Winkleman should take note. Pretty sad.

A lot of thought and planning goes into managing our parks. Rogue stocking by citizens is not part of this management. In other words, we spend a lot of money and effort to keep this pond less shitty and scummy. Remember the "Don't Feed the Ducks Policy." You can see they have the bread ready for that one too.

It happened pretty fast. They had been at it a while when I arrived on the scene of admiring onlookers. When I got there they still had 10 fish or so when they made the final kick or two that sent the fish into the pond. Looking at the little kid, he was pretty close to going in too.

No comments: