Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Bloomsday 2011

Very happy and surprised with this year's time. Turns out I was the 15th fastest 50 year-old overall and the fifth fastest from Spokane. Yippeee! I owe it all to clean livin'.

Sarah did really well too, so did Ike who kinda jogged it this year. Aidan slept in like a champ.

The end of the race was a big party - a blast. For all the Bloomsday haters (you know you are out there), it's worth coming to the finish line and the park just for the party.

Sarah and I cleaned up and had brunch and beer which was quite delicious, I must say (channeling Ed Grimley).

I have to admit I am still feeling really wiped out, sore and that my brain is not firing on all cylinders yet.

The really cool thing is I can start riding my bicycle in earnest again. I haven't been on any fun rides, other than commuting, this year. And I haven't even been doing that since moving to my neighborhood station for a month. It is only about 4 blocks away and I can walk there in seven minutes.

Swimming is full-speed ahead and I hope to dip my toe in the open water scene this year.

3 comments:

Jacque Hendrix said...

You left 3? What will you do with all the sleep?

Bill Foss said...

Hi Jacque, Just interim Lt position for a couple more weeks. Then back to 3s for a little while. I am hoping for a promotion in June. If that happens, I will probably be out of 3s for a while. I have to admit Stn 9 has been nice. Although I miss 3s peeps and my brothers there.

Hank Greer said...

15th fastest 50 year old. Congrats! You were probably one of those many youngsters who passed me by. :-)