Sunday, March 31, 2013

Brewing and memories of brewing past!

Ike was home from college and helped me make a nice coffee and choco stout last week. We used hops from the garden too. I am going to bottle this stuff in 750ml bottles as opposed to kegging. Something nice about having the portability of bottles. And a bigger bottle encourages sharing.
That's five gallons of beer we have going there. Ike is a big kid.

Of course, he didn't used to be.

In the top picture, you can see that I have already started my garden - eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and squash.  I think the squash is getting ready to blossom. May have started them too early.

In other beer making and just making overall, I made my brother Joe a Big Sky Brewing baseball cap:
And then I made myself a fishing hat:
The fishing has been slow, the little that I have been out, but the crocheting has been a good time. Standby for the debut of the survival fez.


No comments: