Tuesday, December 01, 2015

A few (somewhat) recent pictures...


A pickup truck parked at 15th and almost into Lincoln. I guess once the driver noticed the stop sign, he really took it seriously. And while you are ordered to stop, why not enjoy some Benniditos pizza and a beer or two, handily co-located. Did not see a go sign, but apparently he left anyway.

How do you feel about self-driving cars? I am hoping to see them soon. I was almost ran over a week ago, while riding my bike. A non-robotic driver made a left turn as I was approaching from her left (in my right lane). I stopped, even though I had the right-of-way, because I could see she wasn't going to stop. That wasn't good enough. She continued her left turn into the oncoming lane where I was waiting on my bike braced for impact.

"Stop!"

She stopped within 4 inches of me.

"I'm sorry. Are you OK?"

"You almost killed me."

"I said I was sorry."

Well, what can you say to that?

Between existing phone/texting distractions and our speedy deevolution into idiocracy,  autonomous motor vehicles are going to save a lot of lives. And if I do get run over by a self-driving car that would justify all my lingering childhood Killdozer! fears.

In 1974, they saw it coming:



This was on the light pole in front of Benniditos for a month or so back in October:

It's a message for Willy - the pharmasutical rep.  I think there may be some remnants of the sign still taped up. Hopefully, Willy got the message. Pfizer is a good company I hear. Somewhat unorthodox in their distribution methods. Probably Obama's fault.

 Lastly, this on a bag of ice purchased by me to save a bottle of ketchup, some tofu, milk, shrimp aspic in a cornucopia jello mold and a tuna noodle casserole:


I just made up all those refrigerator contents. We did lose some popsicles in the eight-day power outage, I'm sorry to say.

ICE IS FOOD!

News to me. Water must be food now.

STEAM IS FOOD!

That is all.

No comments: