Yesterday on Out and About, I had artist Jennifer Seo on to talk about the gallery opening of the newest showing of her work - "Bab Geuleus: 1. Rice Bowl 2. Means of Living.” It opens this Friday (First Friday) at the Terrain Gallery (628 N Monroe) at 5 pm and continues for the rest of the month.
With so much destruction in our region and with so many people facing loss, talking with her was a welcome interlude. I find her work moving and interesting. I was very keen to hear her process and how she came to formulate and execute these beautiful paper creations that are both complex and fragile. Yet, to me, they radiate a simple inner strength. You can follow her work at her website JenniferSeo.com or with her instagram handle seo.jenn.
If you missed yesterday’s Out and About, why don’t you have a listen here.
As always, thank you to my underwriter - Eastern Washington University.
Tune into Out and About every Tuesday at 4 pm on KYRS at 88.1 and 92.3 fm. Also streaming at KYRS.org. Thanks for listening! Maeve

No comments:
Post a Comment